my sunglasses n.5
n.p.e.l.p. & gold titanium
Square shaped sunglasses with lenses in a warm shade of green. The durable, ultra-light (6.5 grams) frames are in polished gold-plated titanium. The exclusive polarized N.P.E.L.P. lenses - the world's thinnest polarized lenses in optical glass (only 1.8 mm thick) - contain "rare earth" elements that guarantee the utmost clarity and depth perception. The lenses block out 100% of UV rays and up to 95% of infrared rays.
- Code: FAD9903
- My Sunglasses n. 5 are an exclusive Loro Piana design specially sized to suit both men's and women's faces
- N.P.E.L.P., the acronym used to identify the lenses, stands for the "rare earths" Neodymium, Praseodymium and Erbium, combined with the Loro Piana initials. This blend of rare earth elements is exclusive to Loro Piana.
- The lenses were originally created by Barberini, the Italian company that produces the world's best sun lenses in optical glass, for glider pilots competing in the 2008 World Gliding Championships
- N.P.E.L.P. lenses block 99.9% of reflected glare (from surfaces like water, snow and glass)
- The lenses are treated with 10 layers of anti-reflective coating, and are 100% oleophobic and hydrophobic
- N.P.E.L.P. lenses are in optical glass, the most transparent raw material in the world
- The frames are in titanium and beta titanium, an exclusive alloy developed in Japan
- The construction of the frames is a complex process that involves 41 different stages: it takes 3 days to make each pair of glasses
- The central part of the bridge is in kummel coloured enamel, Loro Piana's signature colour
- Mobile nose pads in silicon for a perfect fit
- Composition: 100% titanium
- Care and Maintenance: clean under running water with neutral detergent and dry with a clean cloth. Avoid using solvents, methylated spirit and dirty or abrasive cloths as these can damage the filters.
- Made in Italy
Click the image to zoom