my sunglasses n.2
Men's sunglasses with N.P.E.L.P. lenses, the most effective protection available on the market. These are the world's thinnest polarized lenses in optical glass (only 1.8 mm thick) and contain "rare earth" elements that guarantee the utmost clarity and depth perception. The lenses block out 100% of UV rays and up to 95% of infrared rays.
- Code: FAD5693
- My Sunglasses N. 2 is an aviator model specially designed to offer superior coverage and side protection, making it ideal for sailing
- N.P.E.L.P., the acronym used to identify the lenses, stands for the "rare earths" Neodymium, Praseodymium and Erbium, combined with the Loro Piana initials. This blend of rare earth elements is exclusive to Loro Piana.
- The lenses were originally created by Barberini, the Italian company that produces the world's best sun lenses in optical glass, for glider pilots competing in the 2008 World Gliding Championships
- N.P.E.L.P. lenses block 99.9% of reflected glare (from surfaces like water, snow and glass)
- The lenses are treated with 10 layers of anti-reflective coating, and are 100% oleophobic and hydrophobic
- N.P.E.L.P. lenses are in optical glass, the most transparent raw material in the world
- The frame is in hypoallergenic celluloid, crafted almost entirely by hand in a process that takes 8-10 days
- Frame: 100% cellulose acetate
- Care and Maintenance: clean under running water with neutral detergent and dry with a clean cloth. Avoid using solvents, methylated spirit and dirty or abrasive cloths as these can damage the filters.
- Made in Italy
Click the image to zoom