my sunglasses n.0
n.p.e.l.p. & titanium
Titanium sunglasses produced in a limited edition for glider pilots competing in the 2008 World Gliding Championships in Rieti. Featuring ultra-light frames (8 grams) and exclusive polarized N.P.E.L.P. lenses containing "rare earth" elements for the utmost clarity and depth perception. The lenses block out 100% of UV rays and up to 95% of infrared rays.
- Code: FAD9740
- The lenses were originally created by Barberini, the Italian company that produces the world's best sun lenses in optical glass. These are the world's thinnest polarized lenses in optical glass (only 1.8 mm thick)
- N.P.E.L.P., the acronym used to identify the lenses, stands for the "rare earths" Neodymium, Praseodymium and Erbium, combined with the Loro Piana initials. This blend of rare earth elements is exclusive to Loro Piana.
- N.P.E.L.P. lenses block 99.9% of reflected glare (from surfaces like water, snow and glass)
- The lenses are treated with 10 layers of anti-reflective coating, and are 100% oleophobic and hydrophobic
- The frames are in titanium and beta titanium, an exclusive alloy developed in Japan
- The construction of the frames is a complex process that involves 41 different stages: it takes 3 days to make each pair of glasses
- Leather cord with loop to attach to the arms of the glasses
- Composition: 100% titanium
- Care and Maintenance: clean under running water with neutral detergent and dry with a clean cloth. Avoid using solvents, methylated spirit and dirty or abrasive cloths as these can damage the filters.
- Made in Italy
Click the image to zoom